“There is more in us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps, for the rest of our lives, we will be unwilling to settle for less.”
This fellowship was created to make the unique benefits of a inner body work more widely available. Fellowships are available to anyone with a commitment of service – a deep desire to devote oneself to serving others through their work. Eligible applicants must be 18 years of age or older and working full-time in their profession.
Below are examples of eligible fellows:
- Educators: pre-K through college.
- School administrators and staff: principals, guidance counselors, advisors, nurses, librarians and school safety officers.
- Health care professionals: physicians, nurses, orderlies, medical technicians, dentists, psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, social workers, chaplains, medical school students and hospice staff.
- Artists: full-time visual, performance, writers, multidisciplinary artists
- First responders: police, firefighters, EMTs, paramedics, 911 dispatchers, disaster response teams.
- Military: active duty, reservists and veterans.
- Others: public defenders, legal aid attorneys, victim advocates, human rights advocates; employees working for any 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or private foundation; employees working in direct human services (government or private). Examples include health and human services, child protective services, workforce development.
Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship
Somatic Symposium is passionately committed to social justice, diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe health and wellness should be accessible to all, regardless of skin color, sexual identity, gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, or religion. Our Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship was established to help members of underrepresented communities by providing financial aid for People of Color*, Native American, differently-abled persons, women, and members of the LGBT community.
Scholarships do not cover full tuition but are intended to increase the accessiblity to underrepresented communities. DI scholarships are not exclusively needs based. They are open to any person who identifies with one or more of our diverse groups. Our intention is to provide access despite systemic barriers to self care and wellness for marginalized and oppressed communities. However, we do ask that applicants be mindful of their needs. So that the scholarship we award may benefit those who might not otherwise be able to attend the symposium. This scholarship is made possible by funding from Dynamic Essence Chiropractic Center.
*Referring to current racial and/or ethnic minority groups, as defined by the government EEOC criteria.
Apply for a diversity and inclusion scholarship here